There are several things to remember to bring along with you when you are coming on an expedition with us.
To make packing a bit easier, we have drawn up a packing list, covering polar waters.
- On board it’s smart to wear ordinary non-skidding shoes like sneakers
- Bring one or several memory cards with a large capacity, and a hard drive if you are a keen photographer– there are sockets in the cabins to recharge photo equipment
- The dress code aboard the ship is relaxed and casual and you are not expected to dress formally for meals
- Bring a good pair of binoculars if you have
- A small waterproof backpack is necessary for carrying essentials (or pack in a waterproof bag inside your ordinary backpack)
- Please remember to bring your passport and a copy of it
- Sun protection
- Sunglasses with UV filter lenses
- Lip salve with UV protection. Dry, cold wind and sun often cause chapped lips
- Money in the correct currency or credit cards.
- Remember to bring sufficient medication to last through any unforeseen delays
- Warm insulating jacket
- Wind and water proof jacket and trousers
- Long thermal underwear and top (we recommend wool)
- Warm cap or headband
- Scarf or fleece tube
- Warm woollen jumper and fleece jumper/jacket, remember layers are essential
- Gloves and mittens, fleece and wool
- Waterproof over mittens/gloves
- Warm socks (we recommend wool)
- Bring extra batteries for your camera, as battery life is shorter in cold areas
- Shoes with good soles are recommended for outdoors, on deck, and for excursions ashore. Make sure they are worn-in walking boots. Solid rubber boots can also do it.
- Seasickness medication for those who need it.
- There is big warm suits on board that can be used on deck and in zodiacs.
Keep yourself informed
Subscribe for travel tips
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.